Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Professor in the Department of Physics (Secondary)
Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Secondary)
Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Nanoscale Science of Energy
- Computational materials science
- Nanotube growth characterization
- Alloy theory
- Superlubricity on quasicrystals
- Superconductivity in Metal borides
- Genetic Approaches to QM Predictions of Materials Structures
- Materials for Nuclear Detection
The research is multidisciplinary and makes use of state of the art techniques from fields like materials science, chemistry, physics, quantum mechanics, mathematics and computer science.
Calandra, Matteo, et al. Quest for high Tc in layered structures: the case of LiB.
Capobianco, Antonio-D., et al. “Marcatili's Lossless Tapers and Bends: an Apparent Paradox and its Solution.” Proceedings of Jordan International Electrical and Electronic Engineering Conference,Jieeec’98, April 27 29, 1998, Amman, Jordan.