2019-20 GSO Leadership Board
- President: Elise le Boulicaut
- Vice President: Baran Bodur
- Secretary/Treasurer: Charlie Prior
- 1st Year Rep: TBA
- 2nd Year Rep: Aitor Bracho
- 3rd Year Rep: Yikang Zhang
- 4th Year Rep: Jay Runge
- 5th Year Rep: Ryan Kozlowski
- 6th + Year Rep: Collin Malone
Members of the leadership board are elected by all graduate students in the middle of the summer and serve until the following year's election. The board meets monthly to discuss committee progress, plan for social activities and ensure all students are informed of current issues and concerns. The President oversees meetings, organizes volunteers for committee work and confirms that every leader and volunteer completes appropriate tasks. The Secretary/Treasurer records meeting minutes and manages the GSO budget. Each class cohort has a representative who is tasked with being the liaison between his/her class and the leadership board.
2020-'21 GSO Committees:
- Colloquium Committee: Achint Kumar, Chair. Members choose the field of physics that will be represented along with the specific speakers and organize the lunches with the colloquium speakers.
- Curriculum Committee: Jay Runge & TBD Co-Chairs. Members serve with faculty, including the DGS. They are tasked with reviewing the graduate curriculum and make recommendations for change as necessary.
- Graduate & Professional Student Council (GPSC) Representative: Aitor Bracho & TBD. Student representatives serves as a liaison between the graduate school at the GSO Leadership Committee.
- Election Commissioner: Baran Bodur, Chair. This student oversees the GSO elections in the Spring and Fall (for incoming students). In addition, he/she administers the Graduate Student Survey.
- Graduate Student Seminar Committee: Baran Bodur, Chair. Members organize the graduate student seminars: recruitment of speakers, venue reservation and food order for complimentary lunch for all attendees.
- News/Web Committee: Adryanna Major, Chair. Members work with administration to collect, maintain and improve departmental communications both on the website and in general.
- Recruitment Committee: Aitor Bracho, TBD Co-Chairs. Members work in conjunction with staff and faculty on the recruitment events in the Spring.
- Social Activities Committee: Charlie Prior & TBD Co Chairs. Members coordinate and manage all social activities (Welcome Picnic, Tea Time, Cookie Time, S'mores and Cider, Thanksgiving Dinner, T-shirt Design Contest etc. etc.)
- Graduate Representative to the Physics Conduct Accountability Committee: Collin Malone & Aitor Bracho
- Outreach Committee: Erin Conley and TBD Co-Chairs. Members organize and participate in various outreach activities (Also check PhysicsOutreach@Duke - separate GPSC group)
- Undergraduate Relations Committee: Baran Bodur, Chair. Members organize events toward Duke undergraduates in coordination with the Duke SPS (Society of Physics Students(