2019-20 GSO Leadership Board
- President: Adryanna Smith
- Vice President: Jay Runge
- Secretary/Treasurer: Erin Conley
- 1st Year Rep: Charlie Prior
- 2nd Year Rep: Elise le Boulicaut
- 3rd Year Rep: Baran Bodur
- 4th Year Rep: Ryan Kozlowski
- 5th Year Rep: Collin Malone
- 6th & 7th Year Rep: TBD
Members of the leadership board are elected by all graduate students in the middle of the summer and serve until the following year's election. The board meets monthly to discuss committee progress, plan for social activities and ensure all students are informed of current issues and concerns. The President oversees meetings, organizes volunteers for committee work and confirms that every leader and volunteer completes appropriate tasks. The Secretary/Treasurer records meeting minutes and manages the GSO budget. Each class cohort has a representative who is tasked with being the liaison between his/her class and the leadership board.
2019-20 GSO Committees:
- Colloquium Committee: Achint Kumar, Chair. Members choose the field of physics that will be represented along with the specific speakers and organize the lunches with the colloquium speakers.
- Curriculum Committee: Jay Runge & Andrew Seredinski, Co-Chairs. Members serve with faculty, including the DGS. They are tasked with reviewing the graduate curriculum and make recommendations for change as necessary.
- Graduate & Professional Student Council (GPSC) Representative: Emily Philips Longley & Tyler Johnson Student representatives servesas a liaison between the graduate school at the GSO Leadership Committee.
- Election Commissioner: Jay Runge, Chair. This student oversees the GSO elections in the Spring and Fall (for incoming students). In addition, he/she administers the Graduate Student Survey.
- Graduate Student Seminar Committee: Ryan Kozlowski, Chair. Members organize the graduate student seminars: recruitment of speakers, venue reservation and food order for complimentary lunch for all attendees.
- News/Web Committee: Adryanna Smith, Chair. Members work with administration to collect, maintain and improve departmental communications both on the website and in general.
- Recruitment Committee: Utsav Patel, Chair. Members work in conjunction with staff and faculty on the recruitment events in the Spring.
- Social Activities Committee: Elise le Boulicaut, Chair. Members coordinate and manage all social activities (Welcome Picnic, Tea Time, Cookie Time, S'mores and Cider, Thanksgiving Dinner, T-shirt Design Contest etc. etc.)
- Graduate Representative to the Physics Conduct Accountability Committee: Tyler Johnson & Collin Malone