Research at Duke University
Members of the Physics Department expand the frontiers of physics while collaborating with colleagues in physics, mathematics, chemistry, engineering, the life sciences and medicine at Duke and other universities and research institutions in the United States and abroad.
Together, we are addressing Big Questions:
- What are the ultimate laws of nature?
- What principles govern strongly interacting matter?
- How do quantum materials enhance properties of light and matter?
- How can we understand complex soft matter and biological systems?
- How can physics research improve the practice of medicine?
- How does physics drive the information and computing revolutions?
- How can we use physics to benefit society?